In the years where Dr. Morales and I worked at a dozen nursing home and medically assisted facilities, the most difficult times would be placement of older family members with dementia as often it was against their will (but as the article indicates, even if it was agreed on, they’d soon forget their decision and wake up in a strange place). There are so many strong emotions and doubts in times like this. Knowing the process as well as finding the facility which best meets their needs are paramount.
Suicide Prevention Lifeline
24/7, free and confidential support for distress, prevention and crisis help. Go to their website or
- Child Psychiatry Experts Says Mentally Strong Kids Have Parents Who Taught Them These 4 Traits
- Dear Therapist: I’m Hiding Something From My Therapist
- 5 Common Struggles Children of Narcissists Face in Adulthood
- When it comes to job training for youth with autism, where they live matters
- GI Symptoms May Herald Mental Illness in Traumatized Kids