In the years where Dr. Morales and I worked at a dozen nursing home and medically assisted facilities, the most difficult times would be placement of older family members with dementia as often it was against their will (but as the article indicates, even if it was agreed on, they’d soon forget their decision and wake up in a strange place). There are so many strong emotions and doubts in times like this. Knowing the process as well as finding the facility which best meets their needs are paramount.
Suicide Prevention Lifeline
24/7, free and confidential support for distress, prevention and crisis help. Go to their website or
- Radical Acceptance: Making a space for your COVID-19 Anxiety, Part 1
- How to Transition from Face-to-Face to Online Therapy – or just start it
- Your Coronavirus Social Distancing is about Courage and Altruism – Not Fear: What the anxiety is all about.
- Five Ways To Look After Your Mental Health This Holiday And New Year
- Child Psychiatry Experts Says Mentally Strong Kids Have Parents Who Taught Them These 4 Traits
- End of Life
- Mental Health
- Older Adult
- Parent Training
- Therapy Thursday
- Virtual Reality Therapy
- Young Adult