At the link below you’ll connect to an article that discusses at length, the many ways in which Virtual Reality technology is being applied in healthcare. The uses are vast and varied, including; psychology, pain management, rehabilitation and surgical training, just to name a few. Specific to mental healthcare you can read about how phobias, anxiety, depression, and PTSD are all ripe to be addressed through innovative VR applications. At VRCaPS we are already developing new protocols to treat mental health challenges, like dementia and social skills deficits in autism spectrum disorders.
Suicide Prevention Lifeline
24/7, free and confidential support for distress, prevention and crisis help. Go to their website or
- Dear Therapist: I’m Hiding Something From My Therapist
- 5 Common Struggles Children of Narcissists Face in Adulthood
- When it comes to job training for youth with autism, where they live matters
- GI Symptoms May Herald Mental Illness in Traumatized Kids
- Want to Boost Your Productivity? Science Says Listen to Music With These 6 Rules In Mind