According to research from the Valiant Lab all defense mechanisms are not created equal. Their findings show that “mature” defense mechanisms are beneficial especially in the work-place and are linked to improved physical and mental health. On the other hand, “immature” defense mechanisms lead to less support from others and consequently poorer outcomes. The article below explains these differences in more depth and briefly explains how to develop more of the good ones and less of the bad.
Suicide Prevention Lifeline
24/7, free and confidential support for distress, prevention and crisis help. Go to their website or
- Radical Acceptance: Making a space for your COVID-19 Anxiety, Part 1
- How to Transition from Face-to-Face to Online Therapy – or just start it
- Your Coronavirus Social Distancing is about Courage and Altruism – Not Fear: What the anxiety is all about.
- Five Ways To Look After Your Mental Health This Holiday And New Year
- Child Psychiatry Experts Says Mentally Strong Kids Have Parents Who Taught Them These 4 Traits
- End of Life
- Mental Health
- Older Adult
- Parent Training
- Therapy Thursday
- Virtual Reality Therapy
- Young Adult