According to research from the Valiant Lab all defense mechanisms are not created equal. Their findings show that “mature” defense mechanisms are beneficial especially in the work-place and are linked to improved physical and mental health. On the other hand, “immature” defense mechanisms lead to less support from others and consequently poorer outcomes. The article below explains these differences in more depth and briefly explains how to develop more of the good ones and less of the bad.
Suicide Prevention Lifeline
24/7, free and confidential support for distress, prevention and crisis help. Go to their website or
- Dear Therapist: I’m Hiding Something From My Therapist
- 5 Common Struggles Children of Narcissists Face in Adulthood
- When it comes to job training for youth with autism, where they live matters
- GI Symptoms May Herald Mental Illness in Traumatized Kids
- Want to Boost Your Productivity? Science Says Listen to Music With These 6 Rules In Mind