In the past, movies and TV often portray mental illness inaccurately either due to lack of awareness or for the sake of creating drama in their story, which can create inaccurate negative stigma. Fortunately, more and more shows have become aware and more real in showing mental illness.
Suicide Prevention Lifeline
24/7, free and confidential support for distress, prevention and crisis help. Go to their website or
- GI Symptoms May Herald Mental Illness in Traumatized Kids
- Want to Boost Your Productivity? Science Says Listen to Music With These 6 Rules In Mind
- TV’s Most Accurate Depictions of Mental Illness
- NJ Preschoolers have the highest autism rates in the nation, researchers say
- The Best Hotel and Resorts for Children with Autism