In the past, movies and TV often portray mental illness inaccurately either due to lack of awareness or for the sake of creating drama in their story, which can create inaccurate negative stigma. Fortunately, more and more shows have become aware and more real in showing mental illness.
Suicide Prevention Lifeline
24/7, free and confidential support for distress, prevention and crisis help. Go to their website or
- Child Psychiatry Experts Says Mentally Strong Kids Have Parents Who Taught Them These 4 Traits
- Dear Therapist: I’m Hiding Something From My Therapist
- 5 Common Struggles Children of Narcissists Face in Adulthood
- When it comes to job training for youth with autism, where they live matters
- GI Symptoms May Herald Mental Illness in Traumatized Kids